Cal Poly University
San Luis Obispo CA 93407
- Ph. D. in English, Stanford University, l981
- B. A. Columbia University, Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude ,
- Assistant/Associate/ Professor of English, Cal Poly University,
- [Undergraduate and graduate courses in Ecoliterature, Cal Poly
Land, Shakespeare, the Bible as literature, Classical, Medieval,
Renaissance, Romantic and Modern literature, Multimedia Blake and
Ethnic American literature]
- PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Guest Editor, Moebius: A Journal of the Liberal Arts, Sustainability Issue, Fall 2004
- "Greenaway's Books,"Early Modern Literary Studies September 2001
- "Moses and Machiavellism," Journal of the American Academy of Religion, Fall 1997
- "Progeny: Prospero's Books, Genesis, and The Tempest," Renaissance Forum Vol. 1 #2
- "Holy War in Henry V," Shakespeare Survey 48, Nov./Dec. 1995, reprinted in Shakespearean Criticism Gale Publications, 1996
- "Northrop Frye's Bible," Journal of the American Academy of Religion, Winter 1994
- "A Problem in Rhetoric: Teaching Writing with Western Culture," in The Canon and the Core, The University of North Texas Press, 1993.
- "The Prophet Disarmed: Milton and the Quakers," Studies in English Literature 1500-1800 Winter 1992.
- "Priesthoods and Power: Some Thoughts on Diablo Canyon," in Mapping American Culture, University of Iowa Press, 1992.
- "Shakespeare's Pacifism." Renaissance Quarterly Spring 1992.
- "Present Perfect: Stanford's Durand Oak," The Stanford Magazine [photoessay] December l986.
- "Beyond Hibernation: Ralph Ellison's 1981 Edition of Invisible Man." Black American Literature Forum, Winter l989.
- "Teaching in the School of Donne: Metaphysical Poetry and English Composition," in Approaches to Teaching the Metaphysical Poets, MLA Publications, 1990"
- "Fortunate Senex: The Pastoral of Old Age," Studies in English Literature, Spring 1985.
- Presentations (select list)